Changing your moving business address with the Division of Consumer Affairs

In order to change your moving and storage business address you must follow the instructions provided and fill out both forms listed to the right. Use the buttons provided on the right to download the forms.

Instructions for changing Your Business Address with the Division of Consumer Affairs.

All documents listed below are needed showing the new address on each one:

  • A Tariff;
  • A copy of your vehicle’s registrations;
  • All insurance documents:  Form E, documentary evidence of Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability, Form H, documentary evidence of Cargo Liability, a Certificate Of Liability Insurance For Warehousemen Legal, and a Certificate Of Liability Insurance For Workers Compensation;
  • An actual sample (Xerox copies are not acceptable) of the following movers’ contracts/forms and the brochure with your New Jersey business name, address, telephone numbers and (when licensed), license number printed, stamped or typed thereon:
    • Estimated Cost of Service for Moving or Warehousing – Non-Binding;
    •  Order for Service with Non-Binding Estimate;
    •   Non-Negotiable Warehouse Receipt and Inventory;
    •  Bill of Lading;
    •  The brochure/booklet entitled, Important Notice to Consumers Using Public Movers and Warehousemen;A copy of the Warehouse Lease Agreement;
  • A copy of the Certificate of Occupancy;
  • A copy of the Fire Marshall’s Report;
  • A picture of the sign posted on the outside of the building stating your business name, telephone number, and days and hours of operations.
  • A picture of the signage on the trucks.

Upon receipt of the requested documents, you will receive a call from the State Investigator to schedule a day and time for the on-site inspection.

Download Forms

Public Movers and Warehousemen’s License Change or Termination of Business Organization/Name/Ownership Form

Public Movers and Warehousemen Address Change Form